Trainee (m/w/d) A&R – Rock & Metal
(Berlin, starting September 2022, for 12 months, full-time)
Dreaming of signing the next rock & metal super-talent? Everyone wants to hear your playlists? Creative, communicative, empathetic and always ahead of the current trends? Then, we are looking for you.
What you do
- You're scouting for undiscovered talent. Online and again at events.
- You pitch new artists. Sign them. Counsel them. And build them up.
- You screen demos. Maintain and build the network.
- And work in close contact with all artists and partners.
Who you are
- You love music. Know everything about it and listen to everything. Especially Rock & Metal, where you are part of the scene.
- You understand why others will hear your discovery too.
- What you were hearing yesterday, most don't discover until tomorrow.
- It is not only the music that interests you about the music business. It’s the business side as well.
- You can work with people. Especially with creative people. And they can with you.
- You use the current socials extensively: Instagram, SoundCloud, YouTube and TikTok.
You can expect
- a detailed insight into A&R management;
- getting to know the most important functions connected to A&Ring;
- Regular feedback, valuable coaching;
- independent projects and exciting trainings.
- Getting started in shaping the music industry.
We offer you
Room for diversity and room for innovation.
A partly cover of your public transport ticket and flexible working hours.
Fair compensation, discount on many Sony Corporation products, company cell phone.
Sleek, functional design and exclusive events and concerts
in our headquarters in the middle of Berlin Schöneberg.
The opportunity to prove yourself. And challenge from the very beginning.
How you apply
Learn more about the application process and the trainee program here: Sony Music: A&R Academy
We do not want a CV. Also you, your age and other characteristics should not be visible in the application.
Instead, convince us with your motivation for A&R management in an anonymous 2-minute video by June 15, 2022. Or in another, creative form. What is important, is your motivation.
We look forward to seeing you.
Sony Music sounds better with you.